As some of you may or may not know Netflix has a new documentary named “What The Health?”
This documentary basically outlines:
-how health organizations have been lying about what is actually healthy and conducive for our health.
-how companies who butcher and sell poultry actually treat the environment and animals.
-how to be vegan/plant based and why it is so much better for you… not for me though. 🗣They had me messed up.
So after watching the documentary I naturally didn’t want any more meat or animal products (milk , cheese, eggs, ice cream, allat).
I had my parents watching the documentary also so we all decided we were going to switch to a Plant Based Diet.
So here’s how I was a vegan for 2 and a half days:
Saturday dinner: I had eaten heavy earlier that day so I didn’t need to eat again after watching the movie.
Sunday breakfast: I had two mixed berry protein granola bars. I was in church feeling empowered until Sister Clark announced the “Praise in the Park” event and listed the meats the deacons would be grilling.
Lunch : me and my family driving around the Dallas Metroplex trying to find a place to eat that was vegan… I ended up eating air, water another granola bar. I was sitting in the backseat asking the Lord to fill my stomach with the spirit.
Dinner: black bean tacos (flour tortillas, black beans, salsa, corn and onions) If I rate the dinner on a scale of 1/10 I’d give this meal a 6.
Monday breakfast: a granola bar and an apple (my typical breakfast is non meat anyway)
lunch: pineapples, crackers and an apple
Dinner: I made black bean burgers (black beans, various seasons, bell peppers, onion, garlic etc.) I give this meal a 5/10 the texture and after taste was very disrespectful. Also, my mom tried it and immediately grabbed a frozen pizza out the oven. Here’s a video of my trying the burger.
About two hours after dinner:
-I had blue bell and it was great! Until my stomach started bubbling. I didn’t care though because it was tasty.
- I missed the taste, texture and smell of meat. Yes after 42 hours I had already missed meat!
- I was having to snack constantly because it takes a lot to become full off of plant based items.
- Preparing meals that are plant based require some pricey and tedious grocery shopping.
Things I gained:
- If you do have health problems and complications a plant-based diet is fasho something that will help alleviate or even take away those factors.
- I exercise, eat plenty vegetables and drink water. So in my eyes cutting out meat for the rest of my life is not something I will be doing. I just cant deprive myself that way.
Imma close this out with this lil quote.
🗣IM ONLY HERE FOR A GOOD TIME NOT A LONG TIME. 🗣
Leave me some comments telling me your favorite meal that contains meat.
LaShuna’s Favorite: Turkey Burger 🍔